It's never too late

It's never too late

Thursday 13 August 2015

Story: The spring without you

This is a story about a girl and her childhood friends.

- 7 years ago

                "Mia!!! Give me the ball!!!" shouted Arisu. It was September fourth. Some kids were playing in the dried leaves. It was a fun day. "Come and catch me!!!" replied Mia. "Aww!! NO fair! I want to play too!!" screamed Kiyo. "KIYO, don't cry. Let's all play together!" said Arisu smiling. "Nah, I'll past. I rather read this book" replied Ryou while holding a thick novel book. "What so fun about that book, Ri-chan?" asked Mia. "It's not for monkeys like you guys. And didn't I tell you not to call me Ri-chan? I AM a boy you know." Ryou replied blankly. "Mo~ you are far too matured for a seven years old" Arisu pouted.  " Hehe, this is so fun! I hope we can always be friends like this" Arisu thought to herself.

- 7 years later

                 "At least, that is what I thought when I was small".mumbled Arisu to herself. Arisu,Mia,Kiyo and Ryou were childhood friend. But, three years ago, Kiyo died due to heart problems. Kiyo have always been weak but who would know he'll die at a very young age. Kiyo's death had been a very serious topic. All of them promised not to talk about it. After three years, most of them live their lives normally. But of course Arisu blames herself for Kiyo's death. "If I didn't let him stay by himself, it wouldn't have happen! Why did I leave him alone knowing his condition!?"  This is the question which will always lingers in Arisu's mind. Kiyo was Ryou's best friend. But Ryou doesn't seem to mind it so much.

                "Yo! Good morning Acchan!" Mia greeted with a cheerful grin. " morning" Arisu replied. "Are you...okay?" Mia asked worriedly. " I... dreamt of Kiyo last night.." Arisu replied gloomily. "Ki-kun...? Don't tell me you are still blaming yourself for his death!? It's not your fault Acchan!" Mia replied. "I'm not.. it's just..if I can change time..i'll go back and stay by his side. I regret leaving him! And now he's gone forever!" shouted Arisu. "Can't you just shut up? It's been three years. Get over it already, he'll be fine over there." Ryou joined in the conversation. "Ryou... how could you! He's your best friend! How cruel can you be!?" Arisu shouted feeling more agitated. " I know, but if he's around, I'm sure he doesn't want us to mope around regreting what we have done." Ryou replied shortly. "But!-" "Stop it you two! Didn't we promise not to talk about this? Come on, Acchan.. please get over it already. Ri-chan is right." Mia cuts in. "F...Fine.." Arisu agreed.          

                           ---------to be continued------


              

No comments:

Post a Comment