It's never too late

It's never too late

Friday 14 August 2015

story: Monotone Christmas



            Set in mid-winter,sat a girl wearing a white hood.She was called as Yuki which means snow. She was looking up at the sky.The town was covered with soft white blankets of snow.It was colourful but everything Yuki saw was monotone.Everything she saw was grey."Tomorrow's christmas..."thought Yuki. Yuki walked in front of a bakery and thought "How happy...I wished I can be that happy too."Suddenly,someone walked out from the bakery looking happy and cheerful.He spotted Yuki standing in front of the shop. He approached Yuki and said "A..are you okay? Are you lost?"Yuki didn't answer instead she asked "How can you be so happy?" "What do you mean? When we are feeling happy..we should smile right?" He answered."Then,if you're sad..what should you do?" Asked Yuki again."Sad..cry?"He answered,still looking puzzled."I..see..."Yuki answered. Yuki started to walk away."Wait! what's your name?" He shouted. Yuki turned around and said "Yu...ki" "I'm Aoi! Nice to meet you!" Aoi shouted again.Then Yuki disappear into the thick fog.

       "I'm...home"Yuki said, opening the front door. It was dark inside as if no one lived there."YUKI!Where did you go?!"Shouted someone from inside the house."Mother...Sorry I'm a little late."Yuki answered."Pl..Please don't make me worry like that...please..."Said Yuki's mother.She was gripping on Yuki's arm and sobbing."Please don't leave me like your father and sister."She continued."I...won't.."Yuki replied. Last Christmas,on the way back, Yuki's father,mother and sister was involved in an accident.Both,her father and sister died on the way to hospital but her mother survived.On the day of the funeral,her mother cried and cried, it was a tragic accident. Because of that Yuki can't managed to cry. This Christmas will be different.This Christmas is full of sad memories.Ever since the accident, Yuki's mother have been over protective with Yuki. Yuki can't participate with any school activities at all.

     "Today's Christmas eve! Let's go out somewhere!"Said one of the girl in Yuki's class."Nee~Yuki,you can come right?"She asked."I..don't think-" "Of course she can come..right?" Aoi cuts in. It turns out Aoi was her classmate. Yuki didn't answer."Yosh! Everyone agreed!"Said one of the boy in the class.Yuki looks down. After school, Yuki followed quietly behind Aoi. "...Why did you say that?"Yuki asked."Because you look sad."He replied."It's none of your concern...leave me alone..my mother would be worried."She continued."You're 17...It's time for you to get your freedom...come on.." Aoi replied, extending his hand."He..might be true..I'm already 17..." She thought before grabbing his hand."Let's have a lot of fun today!" He said, smilling."...O..kay.."Yuki answered, hesitantly.After that, they went karaoke and bowling. Yuki was having so much fun until she totally forget to call her mother.That night while Yuki and the other kids were hanging out in a café, Yuki got a telephone call. Yuki hesitantly answered "He..llo..who is this?" she asked. "We're from the hospital. We want to inform you your mother is admitted in the hospital." They hospital service center replied.


    Yuki ran to the hospital as fast as she can."How's my mom?! Is she okay?!" Yuki asked,still catching her breath."Your mother,is undergoing a surgery right now. Please be patient miss" The nurse replied. Yuki sat down nervously. After a few hours, the doctor came out looking sad. "Are you, her daughter?" asked the doctor."Yes! How's my mother?!" Yuki replied quickly.The doctor shakes his head and said "Your mother suffer from a serious brain damage.
She's fine but the possibility of memory lose is ninety-five percent." Yuki sank to the ground.

     A few years have past. It was Christmas again. It's been 3 years since her mother's accident. Her mother still haven't woke up from her coma.
Yuki was sitting beside her mother."Mother...why wouldn't you wake up..."She whispered. "I'm sorry..It's all my fault." She continued. Suddenly, she heard a voice. "Yu...ki..it's... not y..your ...fault."her mother replied slowly. "Mother?! you're awake?!" Yuki asked, standing up. "Yu...ki...I..I'll always..love
y..you.."Her mother said, tears are streaming down her face. Suddenly Yuki heard a never ending beeping sound. The doctors rushed to the room. The nurse pull Yuki out."Not fair....I still can't cry..."Yuki whispered, still looking shocked. Everything was monotone. It's like everything's under water. The
scene painted in front of her is not what she wished for. Her dream of a happy family shattered.Because of her foolish mistake, Yuki had to spend the next Christmas without any of her family.After the day of her mother's funeral. Yuki was walking back from work and she said "I knew it...Christmas is never the same again.. It's all because of me..." tears start
welling up. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm useless...I'm sorry I can't be the perfect daughter you wanted me to be..." As she said this, tears start streaming down her face and she thought to herself "It's useless to cry
now...It's no use to regret it now...they are all gone....

                                                                                  "because of you"

---------THE END-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment